Anxiety is the uncontrollable feeling of fear and worry. If left untreated, anxiety can become debilitating for an individual. Prescription medications have been used to help symptoms, but fortunately for you there are several non-pharmaceutical approaches that help.
Proverbs 12:25 Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression
Just recently, anxiety has overtaken depression as the number one mental illness. By treating anxiety effectively, we should also in turn be able to decrease the cases of depression.
We had friends visiting us last week from Florida and their kids pulled out this new “toy”. I had never in my life seen or heard of fidget spinners before last week. Apparently these were designed to help ADHD and anxiety, but with all good marketing these have become the latest fad for school aged kids.
Research shows that fidget spinners give the child an outlet to cope with their emotions and feelings. In the past, children would bite their nails, pull their hair, or tap their finger uncontrollably. The fidget spinner is a safer approach then those mentioned above. Some schools have banned fidget spinners, though, because they can be quite distracting when a teacher is trying to proceed through a lesson plan.
What Causes Anxiety? Here are a few Suggestions:
- Electromagnetic Fields (EMF) – Energy from devices such as Wi-Fi, cellphones, blue tooth technology, etc…
- Food Additives and Preservatives
- Poor Microbiome – The wrong types of bacteria in your gut
- Artificial Sweetners
- Environmental Toxins
How To Alleviate Anxiety:
- Chiropractic Care
- Massage Therapy
- Playing Games
- Decrease Sugar Intake
- Improve Microbiome – Eat more fermented vegetables!!
- Limit EMF Exposure – Turn off WiFi at night, put cellphones on airplane mode at night
- Improve Quantity and Quality of Sleep
- Essential Oils – Used in a diffuser with calming scents throughout the home or workplace
God has given us all the ability to breathe, so as your anxiety increases, stop and take a few deep breaths. This may be all you need to get through. If it is having a large impact on your life, I strongly urge you to seek medical treatment starting with your primary care physician. If left untreated, anxiety can cause chronic pain, stress, depression, and emotional concerns.
Dr Spencer Charlet
Chiropractic in Mooresville, NC