It’s the holiday season and joy is in the air. It is a time to celebrate, rejoice, shop, and bake! This is the time of year where many of you will be having holiday cookie exchange parties. I love when my wife comes home from one of these parties with a tray full of different types of cookies.
I know that cookies are not healthy for you, but every once in a while I don’t mind eating one, two, or ten of these tasty treats. For those of you with a little more willpower when it comes to carbs, here is an easy no bake cookie recipe from Dr. Mercola that hopefully satisfies your sweet tooth.
Nutty No-Bake Keto Cookies
- 1/2 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons grass fed butter, melted
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Add the macadamia nuts, pecans and salt to a food processor. Pulse on high for three to five minutes or until the batter is smooth.
- Transfer the batter to a mixing bowl. Add the melted butter and coconut flakes to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop the dough (about 2 teaspoons) onto the baking sheet. Flatten and shape into a cookie with your hands. Repeat for all the dough until you have 15 cookies.
- Place in the freezer for one to two hours to set, then enjoy!
I hope you and your loved ones have an incredible holiday season with memories to last a lifetime. Enjoy the time together and cherish all the little moments.
Peace and Blessings!