I love cinnamon!! In fact, as I sit down to write this article I am enjoying a dash of this amazing spice in my bold cup of black coffee. I was reading an article by Dr Mercola the other day that discussed the health benefits of cinnamon. Since I have some on a daily basis, I wanted to share the benefits with you. For the full article by Dr Mercola read here.
7 Reasons To Eat Cinnamon
- Calms Inflammation – I work with patients daily to help them alleviate pain and improve function. Cinnamon is another way to help reduce these aches and pains by calming the inflammation.
- Boosts Brain Function – The scent of cinnamon helps improve brain function. That is why adding a dash to your morning coffee is a perfect way to start your day.
- Helps Weight Loss – Cinnamon is great at helping regulate insulin sensitivity, although exercise is far more potent and essential in maintaining insulin sensitivity.
- Soothes Sore Throats and Coughs – It was used in Eastern medicine to help diseases in the the throat and lungs. They would soak the sticks in water, then drink the water to soothe their throat.
- Helps Fight Cancer – Cinnamon displays properties in its oils that have a positive effect in the fight against certain types of cancers.
- Helps ADHD Symptoms – Cinnamon has beneficial anti-oxidant properties that can improve brain function. It can also be used as a means of aromatherapy to help with ADHD symptoms and calm anxiety.
- Diabetes Support – This spice helps regulate insulin sensitivity and lower blood glucose levels.
There you have it, 7 great reasons to find a way to add this delicious spice to your diet. I use it in my coffee, cereal, and in my dessert. Take a look at the foods you eat on a regular basis and see if you can spice up your regular diet. I hope you found this article informative.
Dr Spencer Charlet